"How to recover data from internet and to use it into several audiovisual applications." Technical workshop.
Today Internet gives access to a wide range of media and data. This access is a new kind of power, and therefore a new kind of control. This unique context also generates new kinds of diversions accompanied by the emancipation and diversification of digital practices based on these data and media : sampling, parsing, data analysis and data visualisation.
In these new practises, the created device (software, hardware etc) is almost more important than the media transmitted. Several softwares and programming languages (pure data, flash, php) make it possible to access and use these data, and allow the artist to create interfaces.
In order to understand the technical aspects and the aesthetics generated by these particular practises, RYbN proposes to make a complete workshop session. The goal of this workshop is learn how to recover data from internet and to use it into several audiovisual applications. The workshop will answer to these technical interrogations :
* How to feed an installation by recovering Internet data ?
* How to manage the sorting of these data into database ?
* How to set up of a dedicated server ?
* How to allow pure data to send back the processed data on Internet, using sound and video stream flows ?
* How to create a Flash graphic interface for an application made with pure data ?
* How to control an external software with pure data ?
* What are the software communication protocols ?
The complete process includes (based on LAMP / MAMP / WAMP solutions) :
* the set up of a server (using apache)
* the set up of a database (using mysql)
* recovering and sending data (using php)
* the audiovisual interface (using Pure Data)
Softwares : Pure Data (Libraries : Pear - Pmpd - Gem), Flosc, MySql, Flash
Languages : Php, Actionscript, Mysql, html
Passatge del Marquès de Santa Isabel, 40
Telèfon: +34 93 308 4041
Fax: +34 93 307 1211